The Russian Investment Agency is a member of the world Association of Investment Agencies (WAIPA), founded in 1995 in Geneva
FUNCTIONSThe main functions of the Russian investment Agency (RIA):
- develop recommendations for improving investment climate in the Russian Federation and provide them to the President and the Government of the Russian Federation, as well as investment Ombudsmen, authorized in Federal districts;
- build a system of relations with foreign investment agencies and public associations of investors;
- In short period provide foreign investors with reliable information about the advantages and opportunities of the Russian Federation, inform about possible problems and help to minimize risks;
- organize meetings of foreign investors with the heads of Russian Executive authorities and business community;
- support foreign investors, including by resolution of arising difficulties with licensing and supervising authorities;
- conduct regular interaction with heads of subjects of the Russian Federation (governors), heads of cities (mayors) and districts on the issue of attracting investments and implementation of concrete investment projects.