The Russian Investment Agency is a member of the world Association of Investment Agencies (WAIPA), founded in 1995 in Geneva
WAIPAWorld Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) – is an international association of investment promotion agencies, non-governmental organization for networking, cooperation and exchange of experiences in attracting foreign direct investment. Founded in 1995 under the auspices of the United Nations Conference on trade and development (UNCTAD). WAIPA acts as a Central unit of a global network of organizations to attract direct foreign investment.
The main goal of the Association is to promote cooperation between organizations that stimulate investments attraction in cooperation with state authorities for development of countries and regions.
WAIPA unites 173 investment promotion agencies from 130 countries. About 1.5 trillion US dollars of direct investments is drawn through the Association every year. The headquarters of the Association was originally located in Geneva (Switzerland), since 2015 it is located in Istanbul (Turkey).
The WAIPA members assist in search of projects and establishing contacts with investees and government institutions responsible for investment promotion.
The Russian Investment Agency (RIA) is a full member of WAIPA from January of 2014 and acts as a representative of the whole 85 regions of the Russian Federation in the field of foreign investment attracting. Partnership with WAIPA allows the integration of Russian regions into the international investment community and ensures the inflow of investments into the national economy.
Main goals of WAIPA:
- development of investment cooperation between agencies;
- international and interregional exchange of experiences in investment attracting;
- improving the effectiveness of systems for information collection and exchange among investment agencies;
- organization of training activities for employees and technical support to the investment agencies;
- assistance in investment policies and promotion strategies development in the regions;
- protection of interests of investment promotion agencies in government institutions, rationale of their work.
WAIPA Steering Committee Meeting, Cape Town, 2014
WAIPA main events:
- Waipa World Investment Conference
- G20 WAIPA Conference on Foreign Direct Investments
G20 WAIPA Conference on Foreign Direct Investments, Istanbul, 2015
For more detailed information about WAIPA structure, membership and news, please visit WAIPA website.
Please, contact the Russian Investment Agency for any advice on cooperation with WAIPA.